Residents invited to nominate unsung heroes for a ‘Mayor’s Award’
Lewisham residents are invited to nominate unsung heroes who volunteer in their spare time for the Mayor’s Award. The new awards scheme was launched to recognise individuals, community groups and businesses for their voluntary work in Lewisham.
There are three categories for the Mayor’s Award:
• Individual/volunteer – for their outstanding contribution to the local community
• Organisation/business – for its community commitment to the people of the borough
• Young person achievement award (for people aged 18 and under)
The deadline for nominations is midnight on 29 September 2017.
· More information on the Mayor’s Award and a nomination form is available online: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/getinvolved/Pages/Mayors-Award-for-volunteering.aspx
· A judging panel will review all nominations for the Mayor’s Award and a ceremony for the Mayor’s Award winners will be held on Friday 24 November 2017 at 6.30pm in the Civic Suite, Catford, SE6 4RU.